American Electric Technologies, Inc. (AETI) is a leading provider of power delivery solutions to the global energy industry. Our mission is EmpoweringEnergy™ - enabling energy companies to safely and effectively meet the world’s growing energy demands.
The company was founded in Beaumont Texas in 1946 and has the following operations:
- AETI corporate headquarters in the energy corridor in Houston Texas.
- M&I Electric in Beaumont Texas and Bay St. Louis Mississippi
- M&I Electric Brazil with locations in Rio de Janeiro and Macae Brazil
- BOMAY- our China joint venture with China National Petroleum Company (CNPC)
- M&I Electric Far East Ltd (MIEFE) – our joint venture in Singapore
American Electric Technologies is a publicly listed company on the NASDAQ stock exchange, ticker symbol is AETI.
Our strategy is to have a balanced, counter-cyclical approach to the global energy industry. The company is well positioned in the upstream, midstream and downstream oil and natural gas markets. In addition, the company has significant presence in the power generation and distribution sector. The company also continues to participate in complimentary sectors including the marine vessel market and the general industrial markets.
The company also utilizes a balanced geographic approach, with a mix of developed energy markets including North America, the Middle East, and South East Asia, and also participates in the fast growing energy markets such as China, Brazil and India.